Kaelo Xelus shall apply Waiting Periods to the cover of an Insured as outlined below:
- During the first 3 (three) months of membership, a general waiting period, as defined herein, shall apply.
- During the first 12 (twelve) months of membership, a condition-specific waiting period, as defined herein, shall apply.
- Waiting periods shall be applied to the cover of the relevant insured person, from the time that such insured’s cover commences under this policy.
- In the event that an Insured under this policy previously had a Medical Expense Shortfall Policy, as defined, the period of the condition-specific waiting period above shall be reduced by the expired portion of the condition-specific waiting period served under such previous policy.
- In the event that there is no unexpired portion of the condition-specific waiting period of such previous policy, the condition-specific waiting period of this policy will be waived. Such waiver only applies if the break in cover between the two policies is 90 (ninety) days or less.
- Xelus reserves the right to waive the Waiting Periods for the Eligible Members of Participating Employers based upon pre-determined criteria. Any such waiver applied will be indicated on the policyschedule of the Insured Member.